I have a great heart for people and get along and remember them.
I believe that God wants us to have a heart for His people. Because it is easy for me to love people I believe that that is one of the gifts He has given me. I know that when I am in the mission field my love for His people will fuel the work He has for me.
I am highly passionate about the things I believe in.
I also believe that God wants us to give all of ourselves to the things He calls us to. I believe that my stubborn passion is part of His gift to me as it has kept me on the quest for His will for me and the path of righteousness.
My heart for people and my stubborn passion were things that were born in me; or if they grew in me I do not know when that began.
I do know however that I have been very blessed that my passions and my heart have been directed towards God and He has become my treasure rather than the world.
Dependency on my hard work.
Often I find great satisfaction in the results of my work and am proud of what I can accomplish.
I think that this will be an obstacle as it tends to take my eyes off Jesus and onto myself - and as He says, Pride comes before the fall.
I constantly have to strive to keep my eyes on His sufficiency in my everyday tasks and be thankful continually for His power displayed through me in His work field.
I learned to be extremely efficient in College and how to do quite a lot of hard work in short periods of time.
People often compliment me on how well I get things done and how much in such a short amount of time.
Also, I think my Mom might have modeled this for my siblings and I - though so far only two of us display this in our lives.
It makes me go beyond to get deeper.
I have often spent considerable time fasting so that I could spend more time in the Word.
I do find though that my weakness of self sufficiency makes me at times disappointed as I strive to understand His Word through my own understanding.
When I was at the university I would limit myself to study until I was done with my homework.
In order to be able to do things outside of school I decided early on, that I would spend my weekends doing all the homework that needed to be done for the next two weeks.
Thus I ended up with free week nights.
So my study time was intense and condensed.
I regularly spend time in the Word and in prayer and thanksgiving. I regularly attend Church and give my time and money back to grow the body.
And I always in every situation endeavor to encourage those around me - whether they are believers or not - to walk in the Way the Lord has made.
I strive to keep my conscience clear before God and man.
I seek to be an example of his mercy in my life by being transparent.
I try every day to partner with Him in my day.
I regularly confess my sins with my sisters in Christ and accept correction and advice.
I have also made the decision to live a pure life as far as the opposite sex goes. I openly profess to separating myself from the way the world engages in relationships and have given myself into submission under my Father's authority. When a man is interested he must have my Father's express permission and follow the guidelines my Father puts forth. At times this is difficult but I find a weird sense of joy knowing that God works through everything and that I must see Him work.
When I see those in need or hurting I reach out to do what I can, physically or financially.
And though I do all these things I know it is by the grace of God I am saved and I try to pass the message on whenever I have the opportunity.
I believe that the Word of God is living and active and applies always to any time and situation.
I think that the things in the Bible that many people may disregard as being a thing only for the ancient time when it was written must be taken in context of the time written and that the reason and meaning of what is being said still applies.
I believe that all of Gods Word is useful and applicable to today because I do not believe that God changes - but is the same then as He is today.
His Word is as powerful - if taken into ones life - today as it was to the disciples then.
Remaining in the Word and applying it to ones life is the key to growing in the knowledge of Him.
Those who do this will be blessed.
I believe that it is Gods plan that all should come to a full knowledge of Him and his salvation and have life to the fullest in Christ Jesus. That through Him everyone who believes will be justified from everything we humans can not be justified from by the law of Moses.
I believe that God will send me as Paul says:
"I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me." Acts 26:17 -18
I also believe that there are many things the Lord will ask me to do that will be hard for me. As the Lord told Ananias about Paul, "I will show him how much he must suffer for my name". I also know His grace is sufficient. "But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life." 1 Timothy 1:16
For me there are many unseen things and yet I know that He has a plan and I am open and willing for whatever those may entail. I know that this world is not my home so I expect there to be lots of hard work before I go home to rest.
I know that He is calling me to go to places I do not know and I beleive it will be as a partner to my husband.
I believe I will be called to teach and encourage women in God in their daily lives as well as in their relationship with their husbands.
I know there is so much more to what God has but I mercifully rely on Him to take me there.
I am eager to learn more and gain the tools to best serve Him and His people.
I believe it is extremely important that those ministering to people come to them where they are. Without a clear understanding of the people how can you know what will offend them? If you offend them how can they then be open to accept the gospel?
I also believe that one should not come in and change them. God must be allowed to do the changing. A book that really showed me the truth of this was “The Heavenly Man: The Remarkable True Story of Chinese Christian Brother Yun”. He spoke of how the Americans came in and put their theologies into the Chinese church which changed the people’s faith in God to one of trying to think right about God in the arguments made by Americans. Rather than learning about God through the Word they were now trying to learn about God though American theology. I think that it is really important to give them the gospel and let the Holy Spirit do the shaping while the ministers do the encouraging.
One may have to accept their food, their clothes, their manner of speaking. Many societies have ways of respecting elders or ways in which the sexes interact with each other. As Paul says: “To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.” 1 Corinthians 9:21-23
Yes. Definitely. Not only in the work force, but especially during college I lived with people from different ethnic backgrounds as well as countries! That was really wonderful. Most of the time I feel more comfortable with people of different ethnicities/countries than I do with the people that seemed so american.
I love the ethnic differences in experiences they have to share they are so interesting and unique. Mostly I have gotten more and more aware of how we humans have all fallen short of the glory of God in so many of the same ways. How we bear the same griefs and shames. It makes all more real the reality that people everywhere desperately need the Savior.
I believe that if you influence anyone’s life – like your siblings – you are automatically a leader as they will take your example and follow you whether it is a good example or a bad example.
Do I want to be a leader? No. Because I don’t want to be responsible.
Am I called to be a leader? Without a doubt. Jesus calls us to be a light shining in a universe of a crooked and depraved generation. A light leads the people in darkness.
So unless I decide not to walk with Jesus, (and where else would I go? He has life with Him) I will without a choice be a leader.
Beside my theology: -- People say that I have gifts to be a leader. And I have been a leader and done well. Most of the time I feel timid about such things and that’s why I say what I’ve said above.
No comments:
Post a Comment